March 01, 2023
Kolmi Hopen partners with Eco'Logic Recyclage to provide a French solution for recycling single-use PPE
The objective of pursuing our involvement in a more sustainable development, notably through our commitment to a CSR approach, encourages us to develop a sustainable value chain. With this in mind, Kolmi Hopen and Eco'Logic Recyclage have joined forces to offer a four-way Made in France solution for recycling single-use flexible polypropylene PPE. Our shared commitment is to help make the world a safer and healthier place, while providing consistent and reliable protection.
This quadripartite solution is as follows:
- Eco'Logic Recyclage delivers the kits to Kolmi Hopen which are then ordered by the distributors and added to the delivery pallets for the end customers.
- Used single-use PPE is collected by Eco'Logic Recyclage for recycling.
- First, the used PPE is disinfected and shredded, then it is depolymerised.
- Depolymerisation consists of heating an oil bath to 400°C to add the PPE mass, which allows the recovery of a wax that will be reused as raw material. This makes it possible to consume less virgin non-renewable natural resources, to revalue the material and to be part of a sustainable development and CSR policy.
Each kit contains
- 1 box
- 2 plastic bags
- 1 traceability seal per bag
- 1 instruction manual
- 1 return label
Only the following polypropylene and polyethylene products are accepted in the return box:
- Medical mask
- FFP mask without valve
- Beard protector
- Overshoes (without PE soles)
To return the kit, simply log on to www.eco-logic-recyclage.fr and click on the collection request in the top right-hand corner and follow the steps indicated.
You can find the kit by clicking here.